Learn about the courses offered under the Circular Economy & Climate Change Program Stream.
Learn how to implement strategies and practices to support your organization's transition to a low-carbon, circular economy
Our Circular Economy & Climate Change Program focuses on enabling leaders to implement climate change strategies, reduce your organization's carbon footprint, increase resource circularity through clear action grounded in business practices and emerging policies while eliminating wasted resources through an effective carbon and resource footprint mitigation plan.
Canada’s first university-level professional training program in circular economy.
• Foundational circular economy principles and application
• How to identify or create opportunities within an organization for circular economy implementation
• Successful transitions to different circular economy models through case study investigation
• Practical circular economy tools that you can apply at different levels of organizational complexity and maturity
Developing strategies to achieve measurable carbon reduction.
• Understanding current and future carbon policy and the legislation landscape
• Successful transitions and technological examples through case studies
• How to identify carbon mitigation practices that would fit your organization
• Practical carbon mitigation prioritization tools that you can apply at different levels of organizational complexity and maturity
Developing leaders for transition to a low-carbon, circular economy.
• Apply both organizational development and personal leadership lens to explore the drivers of transition
• Opportunities to innovate and build competitiveness
• Through functional assessment, map your leadership and organizational needs against established leadership models to strategize, plan, and communicate an effective transitional strategy
Learn the concepts, applications, and best engineering practices to create sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure solutions.
• Understanding the conditions for sustainability and the role of infrastructure to create positive environmental, social, and economic conditions
• Analyzing the role of infrastructure decisions on climate mitigation and adaptation
• Applying lifecycle assessment and circularity principles to quantify the impact of infrastructure design
• Practical tools to measure and monitor the sustainability and climate resilience of infrastructure
Develop an understanding of the emerging approaches to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of engineered green infrastructure.
• Understanding need to focus on engineered green infrastructure and the role of low-impact development in a changing climate
• How to apply best practices and practical techniques in designing, constructing, and effectively managing engineered green infrastructure
• Utilize industry-leading tools to evaluate the environmental and lifecycle cost performance of engineered green infrastructure
• Best practices, case studies, and emerging technologies for effective implementation of sustainable, climate resilient engineered green infrastructure
• Work your way up through the control and acquisition devices and examine the components of the industrial communications network.
• Learn how best to design and setup effective communication between automated systems and people throughout your organization.
Who Should Attend?
Environment Professionals, Sustainability Professionals, Engineers/Technologists, Technical Managers, Operations Managers, Product Designers
Circular Economy & Climate Change
W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology
Certificates of Completion Professional Programs